Elementary School Check-In Dates
Check-in dates for elementary schools are important to finalize the last-minute paperwork that cannot be done online, including filling out your Health Form, providing immunization records and proof of residency. You can also get your classroom assignment, pick up the school supply list, register for bus transportation services and get support filling out your Free & Reduced lunch application. Staff and translators will be available at the schools on their designated check-in date to assist you with your last-minute registration items. Elementary school Fall Check-in Dates are as follows:
- Animas Valley - August 6 from 8am - 2:30pm. Translator available from 9am - 11am.
- Florida Mesa - August 1 from 7:30am - 3:30pm. Translator available from 9am - 11am.
- Fort Lewis Mesa - July 30 and 31 from 7am - 3pm.
- Needham - August 6 from 8am - 3pm. Translator available from 1pm - 3pm.
- Park - August 9. Translator available from 9am - 11am.
- Riverview - August 10. Translator available from 9am - 11am.
- Sunnyside - August 2 from 8-3. Translator available from 1pm - 3pm.
Middle School Check-In Dates
Both Escalante Middle School and Miller Middle School will be hosting check-in dates for all incoming students and their families; please note that Escalante Middle School has different dates set for 6th graders and then for 7th and 8th graders respectively. This is a great opportunity to tour the school, get your school schedules, and meet the front office staff, as well as finalize paperwork or your online registration. Please mark your calendars for the following check-in dates:
Escalante Middle School:
- 6th-grade Check-In - August 14, 2018 - 4-6pm
- 7th and 8th-grade Check-In - August 16, 2018 - 4-6pm
- Spanish Translator is available during these times on both days.
Miller Middle School:
- August 6, 2018 - 2-6pm
- Spanish Translator is available from 4-6pm only
- This is also FALL PICTURE DAY for all students and for student IDs
Visit Escalante's or Miller's websites for more information.
Durango High School Check-In Dates
MANDATORY DHS Student Check-In is scheduled on August 7th and 8th, 2018, from 8-4. Please mark your calendars for one of these two days to come by the school to complete the following:
- Complete online registration if necessary (laptops available)
- Confirm all paperwork and up to date and signed (health forms etc.)
- Take student photos and distribute student IDs (this is the Fall picture day this year!)
- Make locker assignments
- Sign up for bus transportation
- School lunch payments and submit Free & Reduced applications
- Get help with Online Registration and/or IC Campus Portal
- Pick-up class schedules (assuming all class requests and required paperwork is completed at that time)
Please come in during your dedicated grade-level check in times and dates! The schedule is as follows:
- Seniors - August 7 from 9-12
- Juniors - August 7 from 1-4
- Sophomores - August 8 from 9-12
- Freshman - August 8 from 1-4
**Please note that Durango Big Picture High School does not have a fall check-in day. Staff is back starting July 27, 2018, and may be contacted directly after that time. Contact information is available on their website at bigpicture.durangoschools.org.
School supply lists are also available online at your school's website under > For Families, as well as at Walmart and Office Depot.