Community partners will be able to spread the word about their after-school programs, enrichment opportunities, and more in our weekly 9-R Community Connection eNewsletter. This eNewsletter will be emailed to families every Wednesday evening, letting them know about all the opportunities available in the community for students and families. The flyers will also be available online at durangoschools.org/9-RCommunityConnection/ with links to partner websites and registration options.
Here’s a look at how this change will help our schools and community:
- Partners save costs on printing materials, allowing them to put money back into their program or towards scholarships for students who can’t afford program fees.
- Schools save valuable staff time that would otherwise have been spent sorting flyers for stuffing Friday Folders.
- A small fee for participating in the 9-R Community Connection puts money back into our classrooms, but is significantly less than what partners would have spent on printing.
- Keeping Friday Folders for school and district communications means that parents and guardians will be less likely to miss an important message coming home with their student(s).
- Families can see what is available in the community at any time by visiting the 9-R Community Connection webpage.
- More environmentally friendly! Saves over 2,000 pages of paper a week.
Paper copies will still be made available for families that have limited or no internet access. Check in with your school to get paper copies of flyers.
To learn how you can share a flyer through 9-R Community Connection, visit durangoschools.org or email us at email@example.com.